Thursday, June 12, 2008

Salvation Received! (Part 2)

He asked me. "Can we talk about the word of God?" "Sure, why not?", I replied. Then he began talking everything with regards to our sin, on how Jesus have been crucified and His resurrection, the conversion of being a true Christian, and the second coming of Christ.
However, I doesn’t really absorb the words he uttered. But one thing from the words he spoke form the Bible delivered a conviction upon me and had aroused my curiosity. It was the outpouring of the Holy Spirit and the speaking in tongues or other languages which you’ve never learned. I did asked that question to that guy speaking to me. “You will received the Holy Spirit when you repent as stated in Acts 2:38 (“You must repent and be baptized and receive the Holy Ghost.”). another thing that is posted on my mind the scripture in John 3:5. It states that “Unless a man be born in water and in spirit, He cannot enter into the kingdom of God.”
After that more than an hour conversation, I went to Camalig , Albay to get along with my friend. She had invited me in their Fiesta and so we had our jamming there. Actually, we had the most jamming in the videoke. I think I’ve just taken my rest an hour. I enjoyed very much in that event. But something was bothering me on that time. It was the guy and the words of God he had spoken.
After that very exciting event, I decided to go back to my boarding house and I’d just changed my shirt then directly go to the park where I met the guy. Then he was there waiting for me. While we were walking along the railroad, I asked myself, “Why did this happened? Why didn‘t I had my rest first and decided to go to the church the next time?” These were the questions entered inside my mind. In spite of my sleepy body, I did really decide to be with that guy and go to their church. There it was that I realized that some thing is mysterious n this guy. (to be continued...)

No comments: